Friday, March 22, 2013

Merlin's Musings

I felt I was on a "diplomatic trip". I felt we were treated like dignitaries throughout the trip. I felt our team worked as a team should. Everyone looked out for each other. There was so much to do and see and so little time. I enjoyed our bus trips with our interpreters. All the questions we had for them. They did a great job. There were so many old beautiful buildings that are just left to deteriorate(so sad to see).

The people of Guatemala are very poor. They seemed to me almost worse off than many of our people who live on the streets. They do not have any government assistance programs.

Their faith is strong. This was a bad year for their coffee crops. They just do without and trust in God to get them through. They continue working and praising God for what they do have.

It seems the best thing we can do is love and encourage them. We need to continue praying for our new friends and brothers and sisters in Christ.

I hope we keep going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment