Saturday, February 21, 2015

It's hard saying goodbye

A week passed and what did I gain from it? I want to save he/she who needs saving from pain. I want to help. I want to fix the brokenness. I want to change it for the better. I want so many things for them, if only I had the power I would change it to how I see fit. Many emotions fill my heart and brain during this short week. My brain runs rampant with ideas, passion, joy, fear, sorrow, peace, and love. I want what God wants, right? I'm quick to believe what I think God should think. I believe I feel what God should be feeling; but when I read his word and be silent, I can feel the peace consume my heart. When I sit still and look with my eyes; when I truly look around in awe, I'm reminded HE is in control and has these gorgeous villages just the way He wants them. I forget that God was there long before our arrival. He's been orchestrating all this from the beginning and will continue to do so until our Savior comes back again. As I think about it more and more, I'm sure glad He's in control. I've broken promises before. I've lied before. I've had jealousy and hate in my heart before. I've cheated my way through something before. I've never always given over 100%. I have a hard time always loving my neighbor as myself. I'm not always gentle, not always patient, not always faithful, not always strong, not always kind, not always good, not always peaceful, not always joyful, and I sometimes lack self-control. I am the perfect human, not the perfect God who reigns from Heaven. He is so faithful, so just, so loving and always prefect. He is in Guatemala just as much as He is back home. He's in control of His beautiful creation. If I want to help fix the brokenness, and change things for the better, I need to follow His lead. I need to lay down my selfishness and allow God to do what He wants and what He does best. He is there. He is everywhere! The times I feel He isn't there are times I'm not seeking Him and following His lead. What did I gain from this week? Trust. When I don't understand something, when life gets hard and His commands seem tough to follow; that's when I'm not trusting in Him. I need to always trust Him. Not just the circumstances in Guatemala, but in every facet of my life. I'm not alone in this journey. Let us listen to Him together. Let us hear the promises He has promised us. Let us feel His presence, joy and peace together. He is forever faithful and forever righteous. He is Love. Do you trust Him? Do you trust His work in Guatemala and around the world? Do you trust His work in Pease and around our country? The more you seek Him the more you trust Him. The more you trust in the Lord, the more you see who He really is. Faith, Hope, and Love.  ~Nick
With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask our imagine. To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

Jesus, thank you for coming to earth and making Yourself known in a way that humans could understand. Thank you for this opportunity now to spend time with communities of people that are different from us. Help us to be sensitive to different ways that other people view the world and to the ways that You are already at work here. Amen. 
Hello, thanks for checking in again. Friday was our last full day in Guatemala. We started our morning off with devotions together then got on the bus and headed to La Palmera. We arrived to a beautifully decorated school yard. They love celebrating with firecrackers!! Representatives of the community, school, and local churches gave thanks and praise to one another and to our Lord. Even the Mayor of El Palmar showed up! Gustavo, from Emmanuel, shared a great sermon, the text based from Galatians 5:1-15 & Luke 22:24-27. The worship, which was led by a fun pentacostal worship band, was interesting and loud, but heart felt! After the sermon, they invited us to sing so we plugged in the iPhone and sang along to Amazing Grace. At the conclusion of the doxology and benidiction, we were gifted with a painting of the La Palmera community. It was a great gift! After sharing more thanks and praise we gathered in front of the new kitchen for the inauguration. It was very emotional and we'll explain during Guatemala Sunday (Church Service on March 1). It was very hard saying goodbye to everyone. After lots of hugs, handshakes, high fives, and saying adios, we had to take off. 
After lunch and goodbyes to David and his children, our translator Mario, Sadoc and his wife, Becky, we hit the road for a 3 hour drive to Antigua. We took a walk through the the streets of Antigua and ended our night with devotionals. (Please keep Sadoc's wife and daughter in your prayers. Their daughter, Rebecca is fighting some intense allergies and Becky is worn down by sickness.)

Saturday morning, we opened with devotionals and breakfast before hitting the markets for some gift shopping. Before we took off, Patty, her husband Haroldo, their three daughters, and Maya pulled into the hotel just in time to say their goodbyes. Patty is feeling better but not completely 100%. It was great seeing them before we left!!! We arrived at the airport and said our goodbyes to Luis (World Renew bridger) and Adolfo (World Renew staff). Away we went and to the bitter cold we come. 
Thank You again for praying, reading about and believing in our mission. Our mission is to build and sustain relationships, share our faith together, encourage and teach one another, praise our Lord together, and help aid to their, already Awesome, communities in any way we can. Thank You, Lord for allowing us to grow together. We are very blessed. 
"Even though I fall I get back up with the joy that over flows my cup. Heaven fills me with more than enough. Break down the levees and the bluffs; let the flood wash me and feel the arms that hold me." ~Josh Garrels from the song, "Father Along"

1 comment: