Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kris' Reflections

I will be posting reflections from the crew over the course of the next few weeks. This will be a great opportunity to see other perspectives. It is also great for the team to take the time to write this out. Here is the first of 14!


This past week God has blessed me each day and taught me more about serving Him in another part of His Kingdom in Guatemala. I met friends from last year and developed new friendships as we worked alongside each other painting their community center in Monte Margarita, building water filters with our "Free A Family" Gustavo & Irma Perez in El Tineco, and singing Spanish and English songs with the beautiful children during our VBS time in La Palmera. We prayed together and heard how they are so thankful to God for the blessings in their life. We laughed with each other and listened to their happiness and how our Spanish wasn't always very good. We also shared their sufferings and hardships of earning a living with the coffee blight, lack of medicine and teachers, and the injustice from their government.

I will always cherish the time I held hands with a tiny young girl in La Palmera. We joined hands with everyone in the big circle at the end of our VBS to sing songs on our last afternoon in this community. She grabbed my hand and stood there looking at everyone around her. All of a sudden she pulled my hand toward her and used it to wipe her nose. She didn't look at me but continued to watch everyone around her. I chuckled to myself and thought, "Yes, this is what serving Jesus Christ is all about." God's Kingdom is growing in Guatemala! Gloria a Dios!

Thank you for your prayers ! Kris Kiel

No comments:

Post a Comment